Many home and condominium owners choose to live in communities with a Homeowner’s Association. The HOA has codes, covenants and restrictions (CC&Rs) that usually contain rules for maintaining personal and community property. Also, there may be more than one HOA in a community or an association that covers all of the residences.
Continued maintenance of homes, condominiums and townhouses will maintain and improve the value of the residences and community buildings.
- Roofs must be maintained. This includes condos, townhouses, detached homes and community buildings such as a club house or meeting center. A local roofing contractor can be hired to keep roofing in safe condition at all times. This is especially important in the Chicago area where winter storms can damage roofs. Individual homeowners are responsible for keeping their own roofs clean and safe but attached housing is usually managed by an HOA. A new or completely repaired roof will enhance the value of all of the units in the building.
- Rain gutters and gutter covers are just as important as roofing for maintaining property value. Gutters can be covered if necessary to keep leaves and other debris from blocking the flow of water during rain storms and snow melt. Your local roofing contractor will install and maintain roof gutters, covers and drains.
- Attractive, well maintained landscaping adds to the value of a community. The HOA is often responsible for maintaining private community parks, ponds, recreational facilities, trails and walkways.
- Fencing should be repaired at all times. Wood fences, decorative stone and brick walls in good condition add to the curb appeal of the buildings within the community.
- Home and building siding must also be in good condition at all time to keep up property values. Buildings and homes must be repainted, varnished or stained when necessary. This requirement and acceptable colors are in the CC&Rs.
- An HOA in a gated community may be required to pay for its own street maintenance. This includes street lighting, mailbox kiosks, snow removal and road repair. This is necessary to maintain and improve the value of the area.
Adams Roofing Professionals offers extensive building maintenance programs for Homeowner Associations in the Chicago area suburbs in Cook County. This includes inspecting and repairing roofing, gutters, drains, walls and siding for all homes, condominiums and public buildings. We offer 24-hour emergency roof repair service.
Contact us today to speak with one of our roofing professionals and for additional information.