Stop a Leaking Roof Today!
No matter if you have a commercial or residential property, a leaking roof is problematic, but most people think that a leak is a minor problem. That couldn’t be further from the truth. A small leak has the potential to cause major damage to every type of roof, including a commercial roofing system.
Flat and low-slope roofs are particularly vulnerable to these problems, especially after a major storm. Wind-blown debris can tear membranes. Heavy rains and snow can cause pooling water. If you suspect that your roofing system has been affected by storm damage, immediately contact Adams Roofing Professionals, Inc. We offer 24-hour emergency roofing services, seven days a week, and we can provide temporary repairs and tarping. We’ll be there as soon as your need our services.
Dangers of a Leaking Roof
Most of us don’t realize that there’s a problem with a roof until a storm hits. Then, leaks appear in the ceiling. This damage could have been caused by the previous storm and will only get worse with every future weather event. There are dangers to just ignoring the leak and catching the water. These include the following:
- An increase in utility bills.
- Ceiling damage, especially peeling paint and plaster.
- Clumping insulation.
- Mold and mildew, which can negatively affect sensitive tenants and employees.
- Slip and fall hazards, which can lead to larger issues, including lawsuits.
- Fire hazards since water can short out electrical wiring.
- Deterioration of wooden components, including roof rafters, framing and joists.