Maintaining roofs vary depending on locations as there are possible regions with high humidity levels. However, when a storm hits an area, homeowners are always urged to have theirs checked to ensure safety and their roofing’s functionality. If you have a leaking roof, what could be the possible signs that your system has been damaged by the storm? We have listed them down below.
- Attic concerns and moisture. To avoid leaks, check your attic for any signs of moisture penetration. It can be noted that inundated surfaces and insulation may be required to be replaced to stop the development of dangerous mold or mildew.
- Missing shingles and thin horizontal lines after wind damage. Look for cracks and dents and check whether granules have been worn off beneath the shingle. Remember that this could indicate that the shingle seal was broken and was flapping in the wind.
- Clogged gutters and downspouts. Following a storm, call a roofing company to have your gutters immediately cleaned. Water drains from a broken gutter directly down into the foot of the building. In time, this can erode the foundation and make the structure unsafe.
- Loose debris. Any loose debris you notice around your home could indicate something struck your roof during high winds. Clear debris away as soon as possible to minimize the risk for further deficiencies and hefty roof fixes.
- Other collateral hail damage around the house. If you ever see dents on your mailbox, fence, cars, and other items in your yard, call a professional contractor to have your gutters and roof checked.
Are you currently checking ‘roof repair cost near me?’ Adams Roofing Professionals, Inc is the Chicagoland roofer that you can trust with all your needs. We are a full-service roofing company and handle everything from 24-hour emergency roof repair to basic maintenance and new roof installation. Call us at (847) 440-1411, or you can fill out our online form.